Wednesday 26 November 2014

Projection Photography

Projection Photography

What is 'projection' photography? 
Projection is one of the techniques that you can use in photography. Projection photography is basically where you'll find an photograph that you like or have a captured yourself and project it. Majority of projection photography is projected onto models but also can be used on still life objects. 
This technique is one of the subjects that is more fun, creative and interesting compared to other genres in photography. The reason on why this is because projection photography is more 'fun' than other subjects as this technique could just be done for fun and experimental purposes. 
Also, you can get different genres of projection photography. For example, fashion projection, art projection. 
To get a greater and better effect whilst doing this technique, it is better to wear white. This is then because the projection will show up clearly and fully unlike if you was wearing dark clothing. 

To do this technique, you will need to have the following:
  • Projector
  • Background to project on
  • Computer         
              
My images

Evaluation: 

Likes: What I like about this image is that the colours are not to over-powering, meaning you're still able to see the models existent.

Dislikes: What I dislike about this image is that I find this background that is protected onto the model is a bit boring, uninteresting and unexciting.  

What I could do better: What I think that I could of done better would be a change background that is being projected.

Evaluation: 

Likes: What I like about this image is the background that is projected. This is because this background gives it a more of a 'creative' feel as it's a bunch of colours splatted like paint.

Dislikes: What I dislike about this image is that it is quite hard to visualize the model of how dominant and constitutive it is throughout the background. 

What I could do better: What I think that I could of done better would be a change of where the model is positioned. If I was to do this again, I would move the models position slight to the right hand side where as the colours are not strong and vibrant.

Evaluation: 

Likes: What I like about this image is that the colours are not consist all the way through on the background which is completely different compared to the other two images above. 

Dislikes: What I dislike about this image is that it's a bit too simple. Especially with the majority of the colours being dull.

What I could do better: What I think that I could of done better if I was to do it again would be doing a close up shot of this image as I think it would make it more clear and interesting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment