Friday 12 December 2014

Light Painting

Light Painting 

What is 'light painting' in photography? 
Light painting is one of the techniques that can be used in photography. Light painting is usually performed at night or in a dark area. This is so the photographer can introduce different lighting elements. Every duration of exposure will differ, some from 5 minutes long, a few seconds or even up to several hours. Lighting elements can be introduced directly or indirectly using torches, mobile phones or anything that lets out light, etc. 
Light painting is one of the subjects that you'll find enjoyable as it is fascinating and enchanting. 

To do this technique, you will need the following: 

  • DSLR camera
  • Tripod 
  • Flash light
  • Darkroom 
My images

Evaluation: 

Likes: What I like about this image is the colour of the light painting. I like this colour because it's a bright, strong, vibrant colour. 

Dislikes: What I dislike about this image is that the light painting is all clunked together.

What I could do better: What I think that I could of done better would be doing the light painting more spacious rather than all together in one. 


 Evaluation: 

Likes: What I like about this image is how the light painting overlaps the first original love heart that I drew. I think overlapping your drawing will give it a more greater effect than just drawing one single love heart. 

Dislikes: What I dislike about this image is that you notice the flash on the image where I have turned my flash on and off to overlap it. 

What I could do better: What I think that I could of done better would be doing the love heart more neater, meaning all the curves and edges will be in the same place but still slightly shifting the love heart to give it that effect. 



Evaluation: 

Likes:  What I like about this image is how bright and thick torch outlines around the bike.

Dislikes: What I dislike about this image is that the background isn't black. 

What I could do better: What I think that I could of done better would be doing the outline more neater and carefully to make the image look 10x better.
















No comments:

Post a Comment